Sr. Director, Business Development
This is a remote role for a U.S.-based applicant.
DesignSense: Sales Intelligence is a premium intelligence service that provides distributors and component suppliers with design intent visibility and actionable engagement across our DSI Network of engineers and buyers.
The Sr. Director, Business Development is the market and customer facing product line expert and driver for our customer intelligence product solution. This person will own the entire GoToMarket Strategy and will be the product expert that our customers and our internal teams look to for direction and market leading best practices.
Company Description: Supplyframe will be part of Siemens Digital Industry Division.
Recently, Siemens has announced they have signed a definitive agreement to buy Supplyframe. This will only add more resources to our portfolio and solutions. Our mission will continue to focus on powering innovation across the global electronics value chain.
We build ground-breaking SaaS solutions, host some of the most visited, creative and collaborative communities in the world. Our component search, digital media and ecommerce network connects over 10 million engineers and supply chain professionals.
The intelligence we glean from those interactions are used by our SaaS solutions to deliver intelligence-in-context to innovators across the global electronics industry. We’re a growing global team of over 300. We work hard and have fun doing it.
Our headquarters are located in Los Angeles with additional global offices in Austin, Belgrade, Grenoble, Oxfordshire, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
- Evolve our Sales Intelligence solutions “Point of View” so that it can be shared across our internal teams, and customers, to improve what they do, and how they do it.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, finance, operations, sales and our customers to clearly communicate and demonstrate the value of our DesignSense: Sales Intelligence Solution.
- Prepare and present strategies around DesignSense: Sales Intelligence capabilities.
- Create compelling insights that our customers can leverage for growth, while positioning you as a thought leader.
- Work with both external stakeholders (our customers) and internal stakeholders (product, account management, sales, operations and marketing teams) to develop new ideas and approaches to our DesignSense: Sales Intelligence Solution.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the current state of the electronics industries digital transformation needs.
- Articulate the strategy to our customers marketing and sales organizations re: what they need to do to keep up in today’s electronics market.
- Work with prospects and customers to understand the gaps that exist in their sales intelligence strategy and approach.
- Perform discovery tasks to understand customers’ business and their challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to educate customers on the digital transformation journey they need to take and adapt a prescriptive narrative for them.
- Align with our customer needs and wants and sign long term ARR programs.
- Must have experience in the electronics industries value chain from a sales/marketing perspective.
- You must have be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the technical aspects of the EE Design Cycle across various end markets.
- Experience in digital marketing, enterprise level solutions selling, and digital transformation.
- Proficient in articulating how customers today use data and insights leveraged across CRM and marketing automation systems to run their sales business.
- Strong grasp of Martech stack and ROI modeling.
- Management and leadership experience in sales, marketing or sales operations function for multi-national corporations.
- Excel at preparing solutions, presentations and speaking in front of groups and C-level executives.
- Track record in managing, negotiating and navigating complex business relationships.
- Aptitude in networking and building rapport with key customers and internal teams, with ability to instill confidence in customers and across internal teams.
- 10 years of previous sales, marketing and/or business development experience.
- Experience working in a dynamic, challenging environment.
- BS or BA Degree is required. Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
- Competitive salary and bonus program in an entrepreneurial environment
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching contribution
- Generous paid time off plus paid holidays
- Frequent catered lunches, happy hours, fun events, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Casual work environment
Supplyframe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.