Our mission at Supplyframe is to deliver the best information, tools, and technology to electronic industry professionals. Through our network of products, we help engineer research, design, and develop their products, while sharing their creations and collaborating with other like-minded engineers around the world. We are a Search Engine and a digital ad network and our mission is to make hardware engineer’s life easier and better.
The Data Platform Engineer position focuses on expanding and enhancing our big data platform to delivering the right data to both our internal and external customers. As we expand our capabilities in the areas of data mining, machine learning, and big data analysis, this position will be key to help deliver value to our end users. The data platform engineer will have the opportunity to create new data products from our data lakes while working to enhance the cluster’s stability and flexibility. This position offers the opportunity to tackle complex problems while delivering real-world solutions.
- Develop and automate data pipelines using Hadoop/Spark to model large data sets
- Performing algorithm development and implementation in production systems
- Developing software in Java, Python, Scala or scripting programming language
- Improve existing data frameworks within the data lake to handle anticipated growth and new objectives
- Collaborate with business teams to create monetizable product
- Expose and deliver aggregated/customer-centric data through reports, visualization products, and RESTful APIs
- Manage space allocations / data partitioning across our data lakes
- Increase the capabilities of our reporting/analytics platforms to support business insight for internal and external users
- Maintain data integrity by enhancing our ability to remove content generated by undesirable actors such as bots, scrapers, and pen testers
- 3+ years of Java experience working with unstructured data and perform raw text processing
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and the ability to translate raw, technical data into actionable insight
- 1+ year of hands on experience using Hadoop/Spark
- Comfortable with Unix shell or other scripting languages
- Demonstrate clear understanding of web analytics and tracking
- Comfortable working with open-source tools and have the self learning ability to get tools to work with little instructions
- Understanding of software development best practices and revision control (git)
- Competitive salary and bonus program in an entrepreneurial environment
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching contribution
- Generous paid time off plus paid holidays
- Frequent catered lunches, happy hours, fun events, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Casual work environment
Supplyframe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, your résumé, and include the job title in the subject line.